Building stronger communities together
Community and Philanthropy Partnerships Week is a three-year initiative to celebrate the ways in which partnerships between grassroots community groups and philanthropy build strong and vibrant places to live and work.
Each year, it culminates in a week-long celebration of what has been achieved around Australia, thanks to strong partnerships between community groups and those that support and work with them, whether they are philanthropic trusts and foundations, businesses or individuals.
Community and Philanthropy Partnerships Week (CPPW) was held from 20 - 26 November 2017 following the theme of building stronger communities together.
Community and Philanthropy Partnerships Week is a chance for community groups and philanthropic partners to showcase and promote the great work they are already doing across Australia. It is also an opportunity to share knowledge and best practice, and to strengthen or develop new relationships and partnerships.
Community and Philanthropy Partnerships Week (CPPW) is an initiative supported through the Prime Minister’s Community Business Partnership and managed by Philanthropy Australia in partnership with the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal.
Celebrating the Week
It’s up to each community to decide how best to recognise and celebrate these achievements, but some ideas may include:
- Creating a publication to record what you've achieved in partnership with philanthropy, and launching it during CPPW
- Hosting a tour for partners, local media and other key stakeholders of some of the projects you’ve completed together with the support of philanthropic partners
- Undertaking research into the impact of your group’s work in your local community, and launching it during CPPW
- Holding a forum about how you developed and sustain your philanthropic partnerships, to share lessons with others and demonstrate the value of philanthropy to potential new partners
- Hosting an afternoon high tea or gala dinner featuring special guests and speakers highlighting what you've achieved together
- Hosting a picnic in the park featuring storytelling, speakers and activities to bring together your volunteers, supporters and those who benefit from your work
- Running a student artwork competition using this year's theme which is building stronger communities together
- Creating a short film showcasing what you've achieved together for your community, and holding a public screening
As with last year there were a small number of grants of up to $10,000 to help grassroots community groups in urban and rural areas showcase and celebrate their work together. There were twenty grant recipients for CPPW 2017. You can find out more about what they did with their grants on the Let's Celebrate page and also watch some of the films they produced on the inspiration page. For more information, about the grant process visit the grants page.
Even if your group didn't receive a grant, we hope that you will still organise a celebration of what you have achieved in partnership with philanthropy.